Franchise Times, a leading voice in the world of everything franchising, has just released its 22nd annual review of the top 200 franchises by sales volume. Some of the key points of interest from this review are summarized here…
- The 200 largest U.S. based franchisors grew their combined annual sales by more than $20 billion or 4 percent last year to $616.4 billion with most categories seeing across the board gains.
- The 10 largest franchised brands added $7.8 billion in sales, continuing to roar after losing sales in 2015 for the first time in the history of the ranking which began in 1999.
- Most notable among the biggest players were RE/MAX, Domino’s, ChickfilA and Keller Williams Realty, all posting double digit sales gains.
- By category, employment services and health oriented franchises led the list with 9.4 percent and 6.9 percent sales gains.
- McDonald’s retains its spot atop the Franchise Times Top 200+ with a 2.8 percent gain in sales.
- Domino’s up 1 percent and making it into the Top 10 for the first time.
- Orangetheory Fitness led all performers with an 111 percent increase in sales.
See the full report at http://www.franchisetimes.com/Top200.